[jstl-dev] JSTL first timer.

Hello there, first time poster here. I hope I am in the right list.
I am trying to learn JSTL, when reading this tutorial I get the below line that creates an error in my already existing JSP page.
<%@ taglib uri = "http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix = "c" %>

--------------- example ----------------------
  <%@ taglib uri = "http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix = "c"
%> // Creates an error

 <head>

<title> <c:out> Tag Example</title>
 </head>

 <c:out value = "${'<tag> , &'}"/>

The error reads:

HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error
Type Exception Report
Message:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagLibraryValidator
The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Using Netbeans 22, in my Debian machine I have added the 'JSTL 1.2.7 - jstl-impl' and the 'JSTL 1.2.7 - jstl-api' jar files in the 'Library' subdirectory, but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

Back to the top