[jstl-dev] Proposal to not move the tlds to the API

HI,

As far as  I can tell the tlds have always been part of the implementation. This is because these are implementation-specific and have multiple references to the implementation. As a couple of examples:

1) c.tld: tag-class:
     <tag-class>org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.rt.core.IfTag</tag-class>

2) fn.tld: function-class
     <function-class>org.apache.taglibs.standard.functions.Functions</function-class>

I don't see how the tlds could ever be made part of the API and removed from the implementation.

As such I have the following proposal:

1) Close: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jstl-api/issues/78 and add some information to the issue as to why we would not move the tlds to the API.

2) I also think we should not publish the TagDoc as part of the API/Specification here: https://jakarta.ee/specifications/tags/2.0/

As an alternative, we could publish the TagDoc as part of the compatible implementation section.

Are there any objections to this proposal? I'd like to close this issue for Jakarta EE10.

Thanks,

Paul Nicolucci

Back to the top