Re: [jsp-dev] Hello!

Hi Mark, nice to talk to you!

Thank you very much by your attention!

I’ll clone the repo and do some compilations tests here. I believe that is a nice begin…

Soon, I’ll come back with some news!

Regards,

Jonnes

On Apr 10, 2020, at 12:06 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/04/2020 10:26, Mark Thomas wrote:
Jonnes,

Welcome to the Jakarta Server Pages community.

In terms of where there is an opportunity to help, the package name
changes have been completed and most (all?) of the specification
documentation conversion has been completed as well.

Actually, it looks like the implementation could do with some work.
Currently, it doesn't compile (Javadoc issues) with Java 8. Those need
to be fixed. Then it needs to compile with Java 11 as well which I
suspect will mean more Javadoc fixes.

Plenty for you to get involved with :)

Mark

Where extra eyes would be useful is in comparing the updated versions of
the JSP and JDSOL specification documents with the previous versions and
checking for conversion errors.

The new versions can be built from source. You'll need to clone this git
repo:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jsp-api

and then generate the specs:

For JSP
$ cd spec
$ mvn clean package

For JDSOL
$ cd jdsol-spec
$ mvn clean package

You can then compare:
- the generated PDF version to the generated HTML version
- the generated PDF version to the previous specs.

The previous specs can be found via:
JSP: https://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/mrel/jsr245/index2.html
JDSOL: https://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr045/index.html

If you find a difference that you think needs fixing, ask about it here
first as there are a few deliberate changes. If a fix is required you
can then work on it, provide a PR and that can then be reviewed and applied.

Again, welcome.

Mark