STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:
----- Forwarded by Kevin Sutter/Rochester/IBM on 02/24/2020 14:04 -----

From:        "Kevin Sutter" <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        jsp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, faces-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        02/24/2020 13:59
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [faces-dev] Fw: Assistance with JSTL review?
Sent by:        faces-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
Since I haven't heard anything and I'm getting desperate to get the JSTL API available, I'm going to expand my request to the JSF and JSP teams since I know both of your projects depend on or work with JSTL.

I realize that JSTL is old and is probably not at the top of anybody's priority list, but we still need to get this ready for Jakarta EE 9.  I'm willing to help out, but I need some assistance with PR reviews and eventual merging (since I don't have write access to the repo).

My first exercise was just building the project and I ran into several issues, which is the subject of this PR.  Once we get past this PR and we can successfully build JSTL on a repeatable basis, then we could expand to the API and Spec updates.  Thanks for any assistance!

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jstl-api/pull/45

Kevin Sutter
----- Forwarded by Kevin Sutter/Rochester/IBM on 02/24/2020 13:55 -----