[jsonp-dev] AbstractJsonObject and AbstractJsonArray

Hi all,

I was told I had to open a discussion in this mailing list, in order for my Feature Request to be accepted.

I've provided the following Pull Request to the ee4j/json-p repo:  https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jsonp/pull/227

I am a strong advocate for Object-Oriented Programming and I believe these 2 classes (AbstractJsonObject and AbstractJsonArray) are needed in order to help the user implement their own JsonObject and JsonArray where needed. See the JavaDocs in the PR, for examples of usage. I personally implement my own JsonObject/JsonArray quite often.

Furthermore I believe these classes should reside in the API because they are provider-agnostic. I believe the API should implement as much provider-agnostic functionality as possible.

Please, let me know what you think, or comment on the Pull Request or its corresponding Issue.

Best regards,
Mihai