[jsonb-dev] Verifying TCK on Application Servers

Good Afternoon all,

I am working on verifying Open Liberty using the updated TCK for Jakarta 10 and am a bit confused with the recent changes made under PR: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/849

In order to be verified as Jakarta EE 10 platform, we need to run and pass this TCK.  However, since this TCK has been modified to run as a standalone test against only a compatible implementation we no longer have a method of deploying and running these tests in a container.

So I guess my question is how are we supposed to run these tests in a container for proper verification?
Or is the idea that we do not need to run these tests in a container, and instead each platform will just need to run these tests against the implementation they are using? (in our case that would mean just running the same test as here: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/yasson/blob/master/yasson-tck/pom.xml)

Thanks for your help, I just want to make sure I understand the expectations here.

KYLE JON AURE
WebSphere Development
Office: Roch Bldg 50-2 H220
Email: