Re: [jpa-dev] Persistence.NEXT

On Tue, Apr 4, 2023, 9:02 AM Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

    with ongoing Jakarta EE 11 planning[1] (discussion[2]), what do you
think the Persistence specification should aim for?

    Do we want to provide minor, incremental update to the persistence
specification OR is there a preference to do major update giving us an
opportunity to do bigger and possibly also some breaking changes?

Do we need any more CDI integration?

For removal, should we have a community vote on what to remove if we allow breaking changes?

I'm not sure of what it would look like but perhaps we could move extended persistent context out of EJB stateful session beans and into a CDI equivalent for the parts we might want to keep.

Scott

Back to the top