Re: [jpa-dev] Persistence.NEXT

Hi,

here are some ideas:

  • Make use of Jakarta Config for configuring JPA properties. We could define interfaces that contain methods for all the JPA configuration properties. Implementations would then read the configuration through that mechanism, if the Config API is on the classpath. This could allow making the persistence.xml optional.
  • If the supported Java version is upgraded to 17, we could specify that record classes are valid types to use for embeddable types.
  • Add support for some SQL constructs: subquery in FROM clause, WITH clause, window functions and ordered set aggregate functions (e.g. listagg), tuples/row value constructor
  • Continue standardizing some SQL functions: extract, format, truncate, left/right, replace, collate, octet_length, pi/radians/degrees, log, tan/sin/cos, tanh/sinh/cosh, atan/atan2/asin/acos, atanh/asinh/acosh, cot/sec/csc

Overall, I don't think we are in need of a new major version.

Regards,

Christian