Re: [jpa-dev] [External] : Is AutoCloseable support the only expected feature change for Jakarta Persistence 3.1?

On 6/10/21 10:17 AM, Lukas Jungmann wrote:
Hi,

On 6/10/21 4:03 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
Hi,

https://jakarta.ee/specifications/persistence/3.1/ mentions "provide features requested by the community (for example #77 <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jpa-api/issues/77__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!M4Q8qsa8uu1O92mVXmZl_7f3DkjB9dGHSoYgMKtWg50LF95VXOmq3CoAq2ExsrBw5vA$>)". Please clarify if other changes are expected as well?  Or is AutoCloseable support the only change?

more are expected but this one is already available (if one builds snapshot). It's not clear to me, how to make this available to others through maven central as using RC qualifier for interim dev builds does not make sense to me. Perhaps '-eaN'? Or '-alphaN'?

Thanks Lukas, I was able build https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jpa-api locally with the change, I suppose that others can also build from source as well, so not a big deal to not have this available yet via maven central. :)

Are there any specific issues that you know will be included that just haven't been yet?

Thanks,
Scott

thanks,
--lukas