Re: [jpa-dev] [DISCUSS] Streaming queries?

I was actually wondering what the Persistence team was thinking about with regards to new features now that Jakarta EE 9.1 is in the bag.

Personally, I think it is time to think about standardizing something like DeltaSpike Data.

In addition, there are a number of items listed in the Ambassadors Jakarta EE 10 contribution guide draft: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uZFBoIujXCc-gQhCzh_ZdlKEsrsV0yVVIHzBTI3usF8/edit?usp=sharing.

Namely these are:

* Making persistence.xml optional/an empty marker in Jakarta EE applications.
* Adding more SQL features to JPQL and the Criteria API such as sub-selects.
* Support JCache as a second-level cache provider.
* Support multi-tenancy.

* Jakarta Persistence alignment with Java SE Records.

* Better reactive/NIO support.

* Alignment with Jakarta/MicroProfile Configuration.

What are thoughts on these items? There have been some interesting polls being run by Ivar/Tanja on the official Jakarta channels. Is it useful to use some polling to engage the broader community and do some early prioritization?

Reza Rahman