From: Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/26/19 5:01 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jpa developer discussions <jpa-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Roberto Cortez <radcortez@xxxxxxxxx>, Tanja Obradovic <tanja.obradovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jpa-dev] What's next for JPA?

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 6:13 PM Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Finally went through the issues. To be honest, I remain convinced big ticket changes to JPA is probably not necessary right now though clearly some work could be triaged after Jakarta EE 9.

I am wondering though, when will the javax*->jakarta* transition work start? I noticed Oracle remains the spec lead. Is that correct?

Not entirely since there is spec lead role in the Jakarta EE Specification Process. Lukas is the Project Lead for Jakarta Persistence, but decisions are made by the committers where all have an equal vote.

Reza Rahman
Jakarta EE Ambassador, Author, Speaker, Blogger