Re: [jnosql-dev] A Jakarta Data implementation with Jakarta Persistence

Hey, Ondro, that is excellent!

For sure, we can work on it.

We can move it to the extension repository.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 4:42 PM Ondro Mihályi via jnosql-dev <jnosql-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I started working on an implementation of Jakarta Data, using JNoSQL on top of Jakarta Persistence. I have a working proof of concept that implements the findAll and count methods for Data repositories with JPA entities:

It's based on the semistructured.DatabaseConfiguration. There are tests for the findAll and count methods on repositories, with JNoSQL and EclipseLink and they pass.

Here's what I did:
  • semistructured configurations require the MP Config property `jnosql.column.database`. I used it to define the JPA persistence unit name. In the future, I hope this could be configured by an annotation, probably via a custom config source
  • I created a custom ClassScanner which resolves repositories for both Jakarta NoSQL and Persistence entities. This allows creating repository beans also for repositories for Persistence entities
  • I started implementing the translation between JNoSQL and JPA Criteria queries in PersistenceDatabaseManager class. This is where the remaining work needs to be done
If you see a way how I can contribute this to the JNoSQL project, let me know.

All the best,
Ondro Mihalyi

Director, Jakarta EE expert
OmniFish - Jakarta EE Consulting & Support | www.omnifish.ee
Omnifish OÜ, Narva mnt 5, 10117 Tallinn, Estonia | VAT: EE102487932