From: David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 5/30/19 1:02 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: jms-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jms-dev] [ACTION] Project name Jakarta Messaging

For those who have not noticed it, there is a discussion going on in Github issue on the official name of the Jakarta specification formerly known as JMS.

 - https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jms-api/issues/221

The prevailing opinion thus far is to call it Jakarta Messaging.  As the acronym is in the package, there is desire to change it to `jakarta.messaging` as part of any future javax-to-jakarta repackaging.

If you have a distinctly different opinion on the name specifically, your voice is needed asap.  The re-creation of the github repo will happen soon.  There is time for you to disagree on the `jakarta.messaging` package.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Back to the top