[jgit-dev] Jenkins preparing for JGit 7.0.0

The Jenkins project has required Java 17 in its weekly releases since Jenkins 2.463 18 Jun 2024.  We plan to require Java 17 in the Jenkins long term support release beginning 30 Oct 2024.

I've created a pre-release of the Jenkins git client plugin that includes JGit 7.0.0-m2 and would love to have others test it with their Jenkins weekly installation.

If you use plugins.txt to manage your plugins as code, then you need to replace the existing git-client line with the following line:

git-client:incrementals;org.jenkins-ci.plugins;6.0.0-rc3593.3b_8f18e9e43a_

If you'd rather download the plugin and install it from the Jenkins plugin manager, use the URL from the Jenkins artifact repository

It requires Jenkins 2.463 or newer and runs with Java 17 and with Java 21.

You can also track the progress on the pull request..

Thanks,
Mark Waite

Back to the top