Re: [jgit-dev] Smudged Index Update Performance

On 07/05/2012 02:54 PM, Christian Halstrick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this sounds like the bug I found & fixed with commit c9e507c0b9fe9
> (Change-Id: I568dec77635013cf6bb46f652d3f2b89de041c82). Just make sure
> your are running an egit version which contains this commit. Current
> master and even stable2.0 contain this fix.

nope - it sounds like your fix made it worse in this case. it seems that in this particular case, jgit wants to update /all/ entries in the index (why?). at least the filter is populated with all entries in the working tree. this means it cross-checks every path with every path (hence quadratic runtime). Without the filter, it would have been way faster xD

still thanks for the tip - i immediately grabbed your fix back when it was merged - thats the point where merge operations got slow.

Regards,
Markus

> Ciao
>   Chris