[jetty-users] Invalid SNI question (null sniHost)

Hello,

I posted this question on StackOverflow regarding the Jetty exception "Invalid SNI" that we see with a customer of our product, and I wanted to post it here for further insight, and if anyone else came across the same scenario.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78625621/jetty-invalid-sni-issue-even-when-certificate-is-correct

We were able to enable Jetty logging and found that sniHost is null in the following piece of code within the Jetty source code, causing the exception.

String sniHost = (String)session.getValue(SslContextFactory.Server.SNI_HOST)
What might be a situation that causes the sniHost to be null and what can be done about it? Is there a way to troubleshoot this further? I am thinking that it might be something specific to the machine, but I don't know where to look.

Thanks for any insights anyone can provide.

Back to the top