Re: [jetty-users] Lockup in jetty-client under low threads / slow destination condition

John,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 8:04 PM, John Gardiner Myers
<jgmyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For a different run than the previous dumps:

[snip]

So the 4 threads are all inside select(), so there is no threads left
to process IO events.
Do you really need 4 selectors for the client ?
You can configure the client transport to use only 1 selector, which
is typically enough for few thousands connections.

This particular dump seems just wrong configuration to me.
Configuring the client with N selectors and the thread pool with N
threads, there is none left for processing IO events, but I doubt this
is what happens in your more complex environment.

If HttpClient is used always in non-blocking mode, one thread left for
processing should be enough to continue processing normally.

Thanks !

--
Simone Bordet
----