[jetty-users] How can I debug jetty using the ant plugin?

Please see this question I posted to stack overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6160033

I am able to run the jetty plugin from ant but I would also like to debug the server. I tried updating ANT_OPTS with this command on Windows:

set "ANT_OPTS=-Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n -Xdebug -Xnoagent"

However when I try to configure Eclipse with remote debugging on localhost:8000 I get an error.

Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection timed out.
org.eclipse.jdi.TimeoutException

My app won't even start up without increasing the memory so I am led to believe that the jetty server is respecting the memory options, so why wouldn't it accept the debug options? How can I enable remote debugging with this setup?

Thanks!

Back to the top