[jetty-users] HashLoginService hangs when context is restarted.

I'm using jetty 7.2.2 but have seen the same problem on 7.2.1. running on mac OSX

I'm using a HashLoginService configured in my webapps context file. When I first start the context I'm able to login and everything is fine but when I restart the context by touching the context file the server hangs if I try to connect to the protected pages. The unprotected pages are servicesed without problem.

When I debug i can see that the server is stuck inte the while loop in HashSessionIdManager.invalidateAll method. From what I can see the session is marked as valid but not running and as such it's not invalidated nor removed by HashSessionManager.invalidate. I'm I missing some configuration or is this a bug?

<Get name="securityHandler">
        <Set name="loginService">
            <New class="org.eclipse.jetty.security.HashLoginService">
                <Set name="name">loanwebrealm</Set>
                <Set name="config"><SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="."/>/etc/login.properties</Set>
            </New>
        </Set>
        <Set name="checkWelcomeFiles">true</Set>
    </Get>

Kind regards
Kjell

Back to the top