[jetty-users] 'idle' connection cleanup

I thought i sent a message about this before, but I never saw a reply,
so please pardon me if this is redundant.

CXF embeds jetty to publish SOAP endpoints. When you launch an
endpoint, you get a collection of qtp threads and jetty answers the
phone.

I have a recurring problem with a long-running connection. If I create
a SOAP client, and have it connect, and then just keep using it for a
very long time (~ 10 minutes), sooner or later the jetty 'idle
connection' thread will mark it closed in the middle of an operation
between the client and the server, with unpleasant consequences.

I'm not much of an HTTP expert.

I vaguely know that there are things called keepalives. Should I have
them turned on in this scenario?

Back to the top