Re: [jetty-users] Start order for webapps

Nicolas,

You could add your webapps directly to the ContextHandlerCollection
by defining them in jetty.xml or similar xml file.

Other than that, you could extend/replace the WebAppDeployer and
impose some ordering on the webapps.

You should also be able to extend/replace the ContextDeployer and
do the same, but looking at it now, its harder to extend because
more of the methods are private. I'll open an issue to make sure we
modify the ContextDeployer to make it more amenable to extension. If
you want to do hot deployment with a defined order, it would be
easier to create your own OrderdedContextDeployer, copying code
from the ContextDeployer as necessary.

thanks
Jan

Nicolas Modrzyk wrote:
Hi Guys,

What is the way to enforce a start order for webapps in jetty 7 ?
I know there is no way to do that according to the java specs, but
maybe there is a possible hack in jetty.

Jan Bartel, Webtide LLC | janb@xxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.webtide.com

Back to the top