Re: [jetty-dev] Reactive Streams

On 1 June 2015 at 18:21, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Makes sense ?

I think I can see what you are getting at, but I don't think it fits with the whole Reactive Stream model.   You are saying that you can make an N to M processor work by not fully consuming the items passed to onNext.   This allows the onNext to return if their is no demand for more parts/chunks and threadlessly wait until there is demand.

But that relies on using ByteBuffers with mutable  position() and limit() that record how much as been consumed.  I don't think that it is intention of the reactive stream model to have mutable items that can be used as a back channel.  For a start, it would not work with byte[] or String as there are no mutable pointers that can communicate how much has been consumed.

But you've given me something to think about....

Do you have any comments about the README and code in the FragmentingProcessor branch?

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx>  - an Intalio.com subsidiary
http://www.webtide.com  advice and support for jetty and cometd.