[jetty-dev] SSL Connectivity (was Re: NextProtoNego and OSGi)

Am 25.01.2013 16:27, schrieb Simone Bordet:
I recently migrated my code-base to Jetty 9 (M5). The migration went fine
and HTTP works. However, I'm unable to create any SSL connectivity.

In general, or only with SPDY ?

So as a workaround I tried to disable SPYD and go with old school SSL. So far, I haven't been successful. The connection in the browser simply times out after I confirm the certificate.

So I get the certificate presented in the browser, confirm it (it's a self-signed one) and after that nothing else. After some time the browser (Chrome) says "324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)...".

I also tried IE. Same issue.

Note, the same setup (without SSL) works without issues. Here is how I setup the server:

Server server = new Servet();

File keystoreFile = ...
SslContextFactory sslContextFactory = new
  SslContextFactory(keystoreFile.getCanonicalPath());
sslContextFactory.setKeyStorePassword(...);
sslContextFactory.setKeyManagerPassword(...);

HttpConfiguration httpConfiguration = new HttpConfiguration();
httpConfiguration.setSendServerVersion(false);
httpConfiguration.setSendDateHeader(false);
httpConfiguration.setSecurePort(MY_SECURE_PORT);

ServerConnector connector = new ServerConnector(server,
   sslContextFactory,
  AbstractConnectionFactory.getFactories(
    sslContextFactory,
    new HttpConnectionFactory(httpConfiguration)));

// setup handlers

server.start

-Gunnar

--