Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Java scratchpad in debugger

(This sort of question should be posted to the jdt news group - this list is intended for developer discussion rather than user issues).

The Display view or the Scrapbook editor is what you want to look at.

Darin Wright

eikeb <e.bork@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/19/2007 06:59 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT UI developers list." <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[jdt-ui-dev] Java scratchpad in debugger

Hello,
somewhere I read that there is a scratchpad in the debugger, where you can
execute any Java commands. Where can I find it in the debugger views? Do I
need to install some plugin to have the scratchpad available?

All I found is the "Add watch _expression_" function, but that's not quite
what I am looking for: it is inconvenient to input a sequence of commands as
watch expressions, and in addition these commands would run again after each
debugging step.

If such a scratchpad really exists, is it a special feature of the JDT, or
could it be (is it?) implemented as well for example in the CDT?

Eike