Re: [jdt-ui-dev] JavaStructureCreator problems

Hi Jemerson

If you can reproduce the problem in Eclipse (e.g. by selecting two .java files and running Compare With > Each Other), then please file a bug for JDT/UI and attach the involved files.

We do not intend to make JavaStructureCreator API. If you still want to use it, you should have a look at how JDT/UI uses it and try to do it the same way (e.g. see how JavaStructureDiffViewer.postDiffHook(..) calls JavaStructureCreator.rewriteTree(..)).

HTH,
Markus

"Jemerson Damasio" <jemersonfd@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

2007-11-19 04:30

Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT UI developers list." <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[jdt-ui-dev] JavaStructureCreator problems

Hi everyone,

  I intend to make a structure comparison of Java code, to be more
precise, I'm trying to compare two revisions of one file and keep
track of this comparison in such a particular way. So, I'm facing
problems using the JavaStructureCreator as structure creator of the
source I provide. It seems not to create the structure as it should
be.I believe so because all created structures always get just one
single child (dont know exactly what they mean), besides that, the
comparison between any two revisions using the Differencer class
always return the third kind of difference, which is not true.
Specially when methods and attributes were added to one of the codes
being compared.
 I've noticed that the JavaStructureCreator class is not on the
eclipse 3.3 API, but I couldn't find a similar creator. Trully need to
make this kind of comparison. Can anyone help me?

Thanx in advance