[jdt-ui-dev] Subclassing NewTypeWizardPage

Hi everyone.
I wanted to create my own type creation wizard and ran into a snag with
the NewTypeWizardPage class.  Why are a lot of the member methods
private?

For example, I want to add an annotation to the type at the time of
creation.  (eg @Annotation\n public class ...), but constructTypeStub,
which creates the type signature is private.  I can work around this by
appending the annotation to the end of the comment generated by
getTypeComment(), but with this method I don't have an ImportsManager to
specify the appropriate annotation type.

Is there a good reason to keep this method private?

Thanks,
-Scott

Back to the top