Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Interested in joining team

Hi Bob,
help is very welcome! There are various ways of doing so:
- Help us in the day-to day business of fixing bugs and adding requested (smaller) features: Have a look at the open/remind/later bugs in the JDT inboxes. Look for number of votes and assigned priority to see what's important to us. Also look for the 'helpwanted' keyword or simple contact me for some ideas.
Attach your proposed fix as an attachment to the bug. If a test case is included in the patch this would be awesome.
- Extend the JDT with your favorite feature (for example a new view, new wizards, etc): Don't hesitate and implement your own plug-in extending the JDT. Contact us for help and opinions. We are very careful with adding new functionality. Maintenance is our biggest concern. Therefore we're most interested in independent plugins, developed and maintained by the contributor. If your addition is proven and popular, we can discuss about integrating it to the JDT if it makes sense to do so.

Martin

Bob Marks <marksie531@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

20.03.2007 12:27

Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT UI developers list." <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[jdt-ui-dev] Interested in joining team

Hi,

My name is Bob Marks and I am interested in joining
your project.  Area's I want to add to is the
visualisation of java source code.

I have the following:

- Over 4 years commerial Java experience.
- Creator of the sourceforge open source project JOGRE
(Java Online Gaming Real-time Engine)
- MSc thesis was based on software visualisation (IEEE
paper "Visualising Object-Oriented Source Code
Complexity Using XML" - ICECCS'04)

If there are any areas / work you feel I could
contribute then I am keen to get started.

Thanks
Bob Marks