Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Extending the Java Formatter

This is currently not possible. You can file an enhancement request at
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=JDT for JDT/Core.
For now, I would recommend to turn off Javadoc formatting for Googlipse projects.

Markus

"Prakash G.R." <grprakash@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

2006-12-21 12:12

Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT UI developers list." <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[jdt-ui-dev] Extending the Java Formatter

Hi,

     I'm working on an Eclipse plugin called Googlipse for the (GWT)
Google Web Toolkit. GWT has a feature where we can write _javascript_
code inside Java classes
(http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/documentation/com.google.gwt.doc.DeveloperGuide._javascript_NativeInterface.html)

    The idea is to have _javascript_ code inside the multiline comment
of a native method's signature.

As given in the example, it will be:

public static native void alert(String msg) /*-{
   $wnd.alert(msg);
}-*/;

I thought of extending the Java Formatter to format this comment (at
least indent the _javascript_ code) I went thru the JDT code and
couldn't find any ways to do it. Is it really possible to do?

- Prakash