[jdt-ui-dev] A Javadoc Builder

Hi all,

I am working with the JDT at the moment and I had a quick question about
the state of javadoc generation in eclipse. I was wondering if there is any
plan to some day have a sort of javadoc builder?

The only reason that I have to install a JDK is because of the javadoc
executable that I need when I build my javadoc. Couldn't there be a
built-in javadoc parser that is invoked by an incremental javadoc builder
whenever I make changes to my project? Would this be a very difficult task
considering that there is already the capability to parse java code along
with its comments and there is already a javadoc parser of sorts to
discover warnings in one's javadocs.

I suppose that an implementation of a "standard" doclet would have to be
made to generate the standard HTML javadoc output. Also, the javadoc parser
would likely have to provide a doclet API so that custom doclets could be
attached.

Just a thought,
Chris

Chris McGee