Re: [jdt-ui-dev] jdt ui from HEAD needs jface text from HEAD <EOM >

Fixed up the errors.

Darin

Darin Wright/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: jdt-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
03/04/2004 11:16 AM
Please respond to
jdt-ui-dev

jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [jdt-ui-dev] jdt ui from HEAD needs jface text from HEAD <EOM >

I'll fix this up shortly. If you can post patches to the mailing list when

a breaking change has occurred, that should work.

Darin

Tom Eicher <eclipse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
03/04/2004 10:56 AM
Please respond to
jdt-ui-dev

jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject

Shackelford, John-Mason wrote:
> I have the following from HEAD and am getting a compile error in
> org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui:

oh, no, I broke debug again!

> org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui
> org.eclipse.jdt.ui
> org.eclipse.jface.text
> org.eclipse.text
> org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor
>
> Type mismatch: cannot convert from

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.template.contentassist.TemplateProposal[]
> to org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.templates.TemplateProposal[]

@Debug team:
there are currently two TemplateProposals, the one in jdt implementing
IJavaCompletionProposal which is expected by parts of jdt.ui.

In short: at all the places where you use TemplateEngine or
QuickTemplateProcessor, you should import the jdt internal version
instead of the texteditor version of TemplateProposal.

Sorry for the hassle (but expect this to change again). -> Would you
prefer patches in these kind of situations?

-tom