Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Drag and Drop of .class files from Package Explorer

Felix,

currently there is nothing you can do, except of filing a PR against
JDT/UI. The
package explorer doesn't support dragging elements out of a Jars.

Dirk

             "Felix L J Mayer"
             <felix.mayer@comc
             ast.net>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             jdt-ui-dev-admin@                                          cc
             eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [jdt-ui-dev] Drag and Drop of
             10/02/2003 07:17          .class files from Package Explorer
             PM

             Please respond to
             jdt-ui-dev@eclips
                   e.org

I know this is not a forum to ask questions, but I already tried the
newsgroups without success.
This is my last hope so please bear with me. Thanks!

I am working on a GEF application that supports drag and drop of Java
classes from the Package Explorer. With source code (.java files) this
works fine, but when I try to drag a compiled class (.class from a JAR
withtin a project) it seems that the drag doesn't even get initiated. It is
possibly, however, to open .class file within an Editor (e.g. with a
doubleclick).

Therefore my question: is it possibly to initiate a drag for a .class file
(my goal is to obtain an IType)? If not, could I get some hints as to how
this could be done?

Back to the top