Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Searching

Elena,

search for parameter names is not supported. You may add a feature request
to bugzilla if this is important to you. As you already noted there exists
a workaround. Same applies for item 2.
Regarding 1.: All results are there. Simply step through the (grouped)
matches. Just a reminder: both Java and Text search results are grouped (by
file or by Java element) and you can step through the grouped matches.

HTH
Dani

|         |           Elena Litani     |
|         |           <elitani@xxxxxx.c|
|         |           om>              |
|         |           jdt-ui-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org      |
|         |           11/01/2002 08:27 |
|         |           jdt-ui-dev       |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                       |
  |        To:      jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                |
  |        cc:                                                                                                            |
  |        Subject: [jdt-ui-dev] Searching                                                                                |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I am probably missing something again..

I am trying to search for a string (name of parameter in some function,
specific error message, etc.) in Java source file. The "Java Search"
does not help me here so I am choosing "File Search".

There are 2 things that annoy me:

1. The results of "File Search" are grouped by the file name, while in
Java search the results are just show all the reference to all the
occurrences of the searched string. Is there are any way to get ALL
occurrences of the search for string listed in the search window?

2. While editing one file, I hit "Ctrl+H" -- this brings the "Search"
window which does not allow me to select "Scope"->"Selected Resources",
which is in fact the file that I am editing. The only way to have this
option available is to switch to "Package Explore" prior to opening the
"Search" window and specifically highlight the file to be searched. This
looks like a bug, since in fact the file that is edited is already
highlighted (in gray) in the "Package Explore"..

Thanks a lot in advance (you are doing a great job!).
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto