Re: [jdt-ui-dev] running org.eclipse.jdt.ui tests

> org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests/test.xml test.xml won't run due to a
>dependency on org.eclipse.test/library.xml, which >I can't find in CVS (using anonymous access to >dev.eclipse.org:/home/eclipse).

don't run the xml - run the full suite using the pde.junit plugin
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests/ui/org/eclipse/jdt/ui/tests/AutomatedSuite.java

the full suite for refactoring tests is:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests.refactoring/test%20cases/org/eclipse/jdt/ui/tests/all/AllAllTests.
java

> org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests.refactoring won't compile due to a dependency
>org.eclispe.jdt.testplugin package, which I also can't find in CVS.

where do you see such dependency?
there dependencies only on:

org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests
org.junit
org.eclipse.jdt.ui
org.eclipse.jdt.core
org.eclipse.core.resources
org.eclipse.core.runtime
org.eclipse.ui
org.eclipse.core.boot

all of which are in cvs

> Are these tests public and should I be able to run them?

by all means - they are public and you should be able to run them no problem

> Is there related documentation that I should be reading?

nothing i can think of - maybe just the pde.junit user manual
(but i'm sure you know that already)
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/jdt-ui-home/plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.junit/index.html

a.

Back to the top