[jdt-ui-dev] Highlighting Question

We are trying to highlight code in the Java editor similar to the way
the outline view does when you select an element.  Specifically we have
offsets from ASTNode members we want to highlight.  We have used the
IMarker "approach" to highlight lines -- but it only "appears" to deal
in line numbers (not selections).  Hence (I think) we are wondering:

(1) In general what are the APIs to select text in the editor and make
the side-bar "surround" lines of code.

(2) Where is the code that does this in the "Outline" view we might
pattern match off of (class name maybe?)

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Tim Halloran
Carnegie Mellon University