Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Newline characters in TextEditor

Yes, use Team->Change ASCII/Binary Properties (in F3, name was "Change
Keyword Substition" prior).  You will probably want to use "text with no
keyword subst." (-ko).  Follow through the wizard.  Ensure everyone on your
team doesn't have uncommitted changes on that file.  Have they update the
file after you've changed it.

Kevin

                      hudsonr@xxxxxxxxx
                      m                         To:      jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                  cc:
                      jdt-ui-dev-admin@         Subject: Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Newline characters in TextEditor
                      eclipse.org

                      06/13/2002 03:59
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      jdt-ui-dev

They are binary, since we did NLS B.T. (before Team 2.0).
I assume I can change the release mode somehow?

(Embedded image moved to file: pic03902.gif)"Philippe Mulet"
<Philippe_Mulet@xxxxxxx>

 (Embe (Embedded image moved to file:            (Embedded image moved to
 dded  pic00292.gif)                             file: pic12382.gif)
 image                         "Philippe Mulet"
 moved                         <Philippe_Mulet@o To:
 to                            ti.com>           jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
 file:                         Sent by:          cc:
 pic00                         jdt-ui-dev-admin@ Subject: Re:
 153.g                         eclipse.org       [jdt-ui-dev] Newline
 if)                                             characters in TextEditor

                               06/13/2002 07:30
                               AM
                               Please respond to
                               jdt-ui-dev

Just my 2 cents. Are these files tagged as binary or text (CVS tag) ? If in
text, they would be converted to platform compliant line separator when
checked out for free...

                     hudsonr@xxxxxxxxx

                     m                        To:
jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                     Sent by:                 cc:

                     jdt-ui-dev-admin@        Subject:  [jdt-ui-dev]
Newline characters in TextEditor
                     eclipse.org

                     06/11/2002 05:42

                     PM

                     Please respond to

                     jdt-ui-dev

Kai-
Is there any way to have newlines be Windows compliant (/n/r, I think) in
the default Text Editor?
Our translation tools require that .properties files and other files have
such newlines.