Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Launch configuration without tab group.

Giuliano,

You need to specify "public = false" on your launchConfigurationType extension. See the documentation for the <launchConfigurationTypes> extension point.

Darin Wright
Eclipse Debug Lead,
Rational Team,
IBM Canada

Giuliano Mega <giuliano.mega@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/06/2006 05:09 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT Debug developers list."

"Eclipse JDT Debug developers list." <jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[jdt-debug-dev] Launch configuration without tab group.

Hello everyone,

I want to implement a launch configuration type for debugging that's
only supposed to be accessed programmatically. It seems, however, that
I cannot flag my configuration type as supporting "debug" mode without
having the UI plugin trying to add it to the launch configuration
dialog (LCD). That results in an exception because I haven't defined
any tab groups for that particular configuration type (and I don't
want to do that, because it's not meant to be accessed from there).

I know I must be missing something, because in the article "We have
lift-off: The Launching Framework in Eclipse" the authors mention that
UI access to the configuration types is optional, so this must be
feasible. I'm sorry if I'm posting a dumb question, it's just that I'm
having trouble finding this information.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

--
Giuliano Mega <giuliano@xxxxxxxxxx>