Re: [jdt-debug-dev] jdt launch shortcuts on non java files

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 13:04 -0600, Michael Rennie wrote:
> They (the jdt shortcuts) should not be showing up, as your file is not
> a java file (*.java or *.class).
> If however you right click on a package, fragment or project you will
> see all of them, this is because we take an optimistic approach
> for including menuitems. To do otherwise would require too much
> processing and make the RunAs menu slow to appear.

This is from the JDT plugin.xml. It looks like it will show the jdt
shortcuts if it is a java file (.java or .class) or if it is adaptable
to IJavaElement or if it is an instance of InternalClassFileEditorInput.
I'm not sure why you would want to run anything but .java and .class
files as a java application.

<iterate>
 <or>
  <test property="org.eclipse.debug.ui.matchesPattern" value="*.java"/>
  <test property="org.eclipse.debug.ui.matchesPattern" value="*.class"/>
  <adapt type="org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaElement"/>
  <instanceof
value="org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.InternalClassFileEditorInput"/>
 </or>
 <test property="org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui.hasMainType"/>
</iterate>

My plugin does not depend on any jdt plugins so I don't see how it could
be using any jdt model, project or package. I am definitely clicking
the .nws file, not a package or project. I don't know what a fragment
is.

I'll keep working at it but I appreciate any advice or ideas. Thanks.

--
Ryan Boder
http://bitwiserlabs.com

Back to the top