[jdt-debug-dev] Re: [eclipse-dev] sun.misc.launcher

This sort of question should be aksed on the newsgroups, or at least the
jdt-debug mailing list...

Where do you see "sun.misc.launcher" in use? The Java applet launcher
allows any applet viewer to be used (via the Main tab) - it defaults to
"sun.applet.AppletViewer", but the user can use any applet viewer they
like. Our code does not reference the sun packages.

Darin.

"John Stark" <JStark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/14/2004 02:02 PM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev

<eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[eclipse-dev] sun.misc.launcher

Followup to: "Java Applet Launch..."
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Since the  time I initially posted: "Java Applet Launch..." I noticed the
following
webpage on Sun's website:

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/faq/faq-sun-packages.html

This raises questions as to whether or not Eclipse will be practical for
my purpose since I see the package "sun.misc.launcher" in use.

Does anyone know if there are plans to move away from the usage of the
package
"sun.misc.launcher", or if there is any documentation or other workaround
available for its usage?

Thanks,

John Stark
>>> -------------Initial Posting

Java Applet Launch / java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm trying to launch a debug session with a Java Applet, the related html
file being specified under the ?Run->Debug...->arguments? tab.

Extracting some relevant information from the debug window I have

1)Calls to:
sun.misc.launcher loadClass
sun.misc.launcher findClass

2)A  java.security.privilegedActionException (java.lang.throwable) gets
underway because of the following:
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged
(java.security.PrivilegedExceptionAction,
java.security.accessControlContext) line: not available [native method]

3)At this point the javadoc under java.sun.com
(?java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged?) is a big help with the
following comment:
?The action is performed with the intersection of the permissions
possessed by the caller's protection domain, and those possesed by the
domains represented by the specified AccessControlContext?.

Since the code is ?not available?, the question to ask must be, where
should I look, and what should I change, to enable the Java Applet to
startup.

This relates to:
Eclipse Platform
Version: 2.1.3