Re: [jdt-debug-dev] JavaMethodEntryBreakpoints

Thanks for the advice, but even after I changed "FileReader" to "<init>", the bahavior does not change: the breakpoint is created (it is shown in the "breakpoint"-list of the debugging perspective), but if I select "debug as JUnit Test", the execution is _not_ interrupted upon reaching the breakpoint (and it is definitely reached).
However, I found out, that I was using the wrong resource. But I changed "FileReader" to "DummyTest" (which is a JUnit test class created in the default package) and tried to set a breakpoint on its constructor using the described method. And that did not work either (same behavior). If I set the breakpoint manually (i.e. by double clicking), it works fine.

So again, this is my statement:

JDIDebugModel.createMethodEntryBreakpoint(resource,
     "DummyTest",
     "<init>",
     "(QString;)V",  // It's really QString; here, not "Ljava.lang.String;" as in java.io.FileReader
     0, -1, -1, 0,
     true, attributes);

The breakpoint appears in the breakpoint list, but execution is not paused upon reaching it. Why?
And, something completely different: How _do_ I get the correct resource of any java file that does not neccessarily have to be in my workspace (if you know a quick how-to, I'd appreciate hearing it, however, I have not looked into that problem yet, and I suppose it could really be simple).

Once again, I thank you very much for your help and your patience.
Philipp Bouillon

(Forgot to mention)...For a method breakpoint, the line numebrs/source positions are simply used to render the breakpoint in the editor.

Darin

Darin Wright/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/24/2003 09:29 AM