[jdt-debug-dev] JavaMethodEntryBreakpoints

Hello,

I am trying to programatically set a JavaMethodEntryBreakpoint.
Can this be done _without_ knowing the line number of the method
definition? It does not seem to work for me.
This is, what I do:

I have an IResource object and a name of a method, where I'd like to
set a breakpoint. Say, for example "java.io.FileReader" (and let's
suppose, that I do not have the source code for that class).
Aside: If I do have the source code, it's no problem at all -- I
determine the source range and the line number, and I can set the
breakpoint just perfectly.
So, what can I do now?
I tried a JDIDebugModel.createMethodEntryBreakpoint(resource,
"java.io.FileReader", "FileReader", "(Ljava.lang.String;)V", 0, -1, -1,
0, true, attributes);
But that did not work (I also tried -1 as line number). Is it because
of the signature, or did I miss something else?

Thanks for your help,
Philipp Bouillon

Back to the top