[jdt-core-dev] ECJ scanner and parser - how to modify the scanner?

Hi,

I'm currently working on a modified version of the ecj compiler and
thereto need to modify the compiler's scanner and parser. That works
fine for the parser: I use the java grammar file (grammar/java.g) from
the reporsitory and jikespg to generate the parser source (or parts of
it respectively), and the Parser.buildFilesFromLPG - method in order
to generate the RSC files which contain the parser tables.

However, I'm having a problem with the scanner. I can't create new
keywords, because Parser.buildFilesFromLPG() generates only the
parser table files, not the files for the scanner. These are (as I assume)
part1.rsc, part14.rsc, part2.rsc, start1.rsc and start2.rsc. I found no
method  in Scanner.java which was similar to Parser.buildFilesFromLPG.
Is there a way to generate the files nevertheless?

Regards