[jdt-core-dev] experimental invokedynamic support

Hi,

I have been working on an experimental implementation of the proposed JSR 292
instruction, invokedynamic. To make this easier to use I have extended the
JDT Java compiler to recognise an extended form of method dispatch syntax
that generates invokedynamic bytecode instructions.

I thought it might be a good idea to create a patch for this and attach it to
a bug to allow others to obtain it and to record how it was done for future
reference. I wasn't sure if this was an appropriate way to record
experimental things or if there was something better?

This work is commercial in the sense that I am working on this on behalf of my
employer, Intel, but it would be provided under the EPL. I am also working on
a matching implementation of invokedynamic inside the Apache Harmony project.

Thanks,
Kev.

Back to the top