Re: [jdt-core-dev] Finding an IType

I'm writing a plug-in that wants to get an IType (reference to a Class
in my project) from a string (e.g. "Ljava.lang.Integer;" or
"Lorg.somewhere.MyClass;"). How do I do that?

1) You might want to transform the signature string to the qualified type name as described in news://news.eclipse.org:119/bvb8pn$o6c$1@xxxxxxxxxxx

2) See the invocation of the search engine in
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.util.AllTypesCache.search(ITypeNameRequestor, int, IProgressMonitor)

This is acutally the code that you call if you search for a type via the Open Type button.

BTW You should post such questions to the newsgroup at news://news.eclipse.org. This mailing list is for core development purposes. Not for support.

Best regards,
Chris Wege

--
wege@xxxxxxx