Re: [jaxrs-dev] Jersey the only implemention of jax-rs ?

Besides Jersey there are several other implementations, CXF and RESTeasy for example.
-Markus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: jaxrs-dev [mailto:jaxrs-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Zahid Rahman
Gesendet: Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2021 07:05
An: jaxrs developer discussions
Betreff: [jaxrs-dev] Jersey the only implemention of jax-rs ?

Hi,

Background:
I learned from this article
https://www.infoworld.com/article/3373652/java-persistence-with-jpa-and-hibernate-part-1-entities-and-relationships.html

JPA is a specification with at least three different  implementations.
Hibernate.io, eclipse EclipseLink and apache mybatis are three
implementations of  JPA. (Maybe more)

I further learned  from this page
https://blog.payara.fish/whats-payara-server-made-of
Jersey is an implementation of JAX-RS.
Payara author also states on the  same page EclipseLink implementation
of JPA is used by payara.
Therefore if for example I was interested in using payara then I
should focus on EclipseLink API syntax.

If I have an interest in the microservices paradigm , more precisely
Eclipse microprofile.io flavour of microservices paradigm.
microprofile.io and its vendors using microprofile  mention jax-rs  as
the base API.

I know that jax-rs is a specification and jersey is its implementation
, so  I to know if I wish to use jersey, I should  focus
on these usage product documentation
https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jersey.github.io/documentation/latest3x/index.html.

I am seeking clarity ;
Is jersey the only implementation of jax-rs therefore  these usage
https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jersey.github.io/documentation/latest3x/index.html
documentation  will apply to all microprofile application servers  ?
or
are there any other implementations apart from jersey of jax-rs based
microprofile  implementation  of the microservices paradigm ?

Regards

Zahid

https://www.backbutton.org
¯\_(ツ)_/¯