Re: [jaxrs-dev] JAX-RS 3.1 Changes

Adrian,

 Another place to look at is:

 We should ramp up 3.1 work very shortly. Java EE 9 work is almost complete now.

— Santiago

On Oct 8, 2020, at 10:33 PM, Andy McCright <j.andrew.mccright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Adrian,

Probably the best source of info for what is upcoming in JAX-RS / Jakarta RESTful Web Services is the roadmap page on the wiki:

  • JAX-RS 3.1 - PLANNED - (Late Q4 2020 / Q1 2021) - Java SE Bootstrap API. Deprecating @Context: Implementors MUST provide CDI; applications MAY use CDI. Support for ContextResolver<Jsonb>. Consider support for Multipart.
The dates are certainly subject to change. As for Multipart support, that is something that I know a lot of users have been requesting.  I'm hoping to get some time to work on a proposal for that, but I cannot promise that it will be in 3.1.

Thanks,

Andy