Re: [jaxrs-dev] OPTIONS and ResourceInfo

On Apr 22, 2020, at 10:42 AM, NESMON Nicolas <nicolas.nesmon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi guys,

  1. What do you expect ResourceInfo#getResourceClass and ResourceInfo#getResourceMethod to return?

As a user my expectations are :
  • ResourceInfo#getResourceClass => the matched class
  • ResourceInfo# getResourceMethod=> null (since in this default implentation case there is no OPTION resource method in the matched class).

 Makes sense.

2. Ever looked at what your favorite implementation actually returns?

For what I've seen with RESTEasy, both methods return "null". And only user response filters are invoked, post matching request filters are not.

 Skipping request filters does not seem like the better option in this case.

— Santiago