[jaxrs-dev] [discuss] Releasing JAX-RS API 2.2

While preparing my presentation for EclipseCon I noticed that I will give the n-th presentation of the exactly same JAX-RS preview meanwhile. Now that Jakarta EE 8 is published, it would be good if at least I could tell the audience that this is the last show basing on a preview only.

Looking at the Milestones tracker in Github it seems that all changes we explicitly planned for JAX-RS 2.2 are actually implemented meanwhile.

Looking at the recent discussions we had, it seems NONE of the discussed issues is a REAL showstopper for 2.2, as all of those points had been declared as „To be decided by the JAX-RS committers“. Hence I would vote for immediately releasing of 2.2 „as-is“, and adopt those „side issues“ (like spec PDF, TCK split, etc.) in 2.3 or 3.0 once these actually become are available.

So the question to discuss is: Shall we release immediately to make the way free for 2.3 and 3.0, or are there issues that actually MUST be resolved before 2.2?

-Markus

Back to the top