[jaxrs-dev] Use of "Jakarta REST" on Jakarta EE tutorial

Hi,

I'm working on migrating the Java EE tutorial to Jakarta EE terms. In the absence of a new acronym or short name, that means replacing 140 JAX-RS mentions with "Jakarta RESTful Web Services".

I wonder, would it be acceptable to informally use "Jakarta REST" on those places where JAX-RS was used? This would be consistent with uses of "Faces pages" for JSF or "enterprise beans" for EJB.

As opposed to the spec, the tutorial is a non normative document. The only reason I'm asking this is to reduce verbosity.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

Back to the top