Re: [jaxrs-dev] Request for extension with Application interface

Ron,

In one of my current projects I'm also using two JAX-RS applications within a single WAR. Mostly because there are two different types of resources:
  • There is an API called from another Java application with exposes data and enforces a special kind of stateless authentication
  • And there are resources for the _javascript_-based frontend which require session-based authentication.
As I need different exception mappers and filters for both kinds of resources, it was the easiest solution to use two Application subclasses and list the corresponding resources/providers via Application.getClasses().

May I ask which implementation of JAX-RS you're using? And, if it's not RESTEasy, do you know if it handles @Context injection of Applications correctly?

The project is deployed to Wildfly 14.0.1. So it's RESTEasy. :-)

Christian