Re: [jaxrs-dev] Clarification regarding ReaderInterceptor

As a reader interceptor is to be invoked around the invocation of a message body reader, and as a message body reader is to be invoked for the sole sake of providing a Java entity parameter, and as we do not have a Java entity parameter in this resource method signature, in this particular case the interceptor MUST NOT be called. Hence I would say this is a bug in Jersey.

-Markus

From: jaxrs-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jaxrs-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christian Kaltepoth
Sent: Dienstag, 11. September 2018 07:23
To: jaxrs developer discussions
Subject: [jaxrs-dev] Clarification regarding ReaderInterceptor

Hi all,

I've a quick question and would love to get your feedback.

Let's assume there is ReaderInterceptor like this:

  @Provider

  public class MyReaderInterceptor implements ReaderInterceptor {

    public Object aroundReadFrom(ReaderInterceptorContext context) {

      // do stuff

    }

  }

And the following JAX-RS resource class:

  @Path("some-path")

  public class SomeResource {

    @POST

    public Response post(@FormParam("foobar") String foobar) {

      // do stuff

    }

  }

If a client sends a POST request to the resource and submits the form parameter in the body, would you expect the ReaderInterceptor to get invoked or not?

I'm asking because JAX-RS implementations handle this case differently. Jersey and RESTEasy seem to invoke the interceptor, but CXF does not.

Any thoughts?

Christian